Buying one might make you feel like you’re part of a super hip and ethical club. It might make you feel like you’re not rubbing your lymph nodes against pvc. Before you go out and buy one, consider what you will do with your old mat. The most eco-friendly choice? Buy sustainable the first time. Reduce. Recycle. Reuse.
PrAna Revolution Mat: the Smell!
prAna Revolution Mat: The Size!
PrAna Revolution Mat: the Construction
PrAna Revolution Mat: Joy!
Posted in Bent, clothes, Green
Tagged eco, Green, john friend, mat, prana, prop, revolution, sustainable, yoga
posted by eb
Think of eco-shoes.
Images of hemp and cork and ergonomic clogs.
Check out New York’s Sustainable NYC, where going granola is not only in and affordable, it’s crazy adorable… (they have way more in-store than online.)
posted by ebean
Dear Good People of POM Wonderful,
I’d like to take this moment to thank you for sending the promo case of pomegranate juice to all us ElephantBeans. Being as we are all tree hugging hippie types that are trying to change the world while we drink fresh juices and eat healthy, local, and organic food, we appreciated that your 100% Pomegranate Juice is in fact 100% pomegranate juice. And it tastes good too.
Although we enjoyed reading and learning about the many health benefits and recipes listed on your website, we would like to add some of our own adventures with Pom…
- Juicybean used her bottle of POM Wonderful as an all-natural hair dye. Sexy!
- Alcmaeonid prefers to use his for mouthwash.
- Wherehaveyoubean discovered that pouring a bottle of POM on the ice-covered sidewalk was a dog-friendly alternative to rock salt. Good thinking Wherehaveyoubean!
- Unsinkablemoo was short on cash and out of liquid laundy detergent. To her amazement, POM was colorsafe and even removed the ring-around-the-collar!
- Upon reading this article, Freebean was thoughtful enough to send a bottle to Bob Dole. No more Viagra!
- Lalabean’s special effects pal confessed that POM is the secret ingredient in the industry’s best horror film gore…
- …Which, of course, inspired Danbean to try it out as a bullfighter-style diversion for hungry vampires. Turns out it also works on bulls and snakes for some odd reason. Go figure.
- Somehow, Seabean discovered that POM is an excellent stain remover and now is the proud owner of a squeaky clean toilet bowl.
- Beanism is currently driving across the fine state of Rhode Island in a POM powered car.
I’m not sure how much of this really happened because as I write this, I am really fucking high on POM.
Posted in Amazing, body, Green, Grub
Tagged benefits, drink, eco, food, Green, health, hippie, juice, just kidding sort of, pom wonderful, pomegranate, reviews, sustainable, tree hugger
posted by freebean
Not into donning the tiny bikram shorts?
Looking for a little more coverage?
*Enter Dear Lil’ Devas.*
The makers of Toronto’s locally created, customizable, uber comfy bamboo and organic cotton yoga garb offer just that. Among their most unique pieces is the multi-tasking blanket/wrap – yes that is right, a blanket (amazing for svasana or snuggling) and a long wrap skirt (for the yogi, kilt-like apparel to guard your loins after sweatin’ it out yoga style; for yoginis, I don’t really have to say anything else, do I?).
Debuting in April are their SNUG, lady capris (sorry, no links yet – patience my dears) – wonder if these will be the Bikram shorts competitor(?), but I have a feeling that they will have a lil’ more length and of course are a bamboo/cotton interlocking blend.
And you gotta love their ‘good vibes policy,’ which may help you feel better about accumulating more yoga stuff, it certainly beats those sweat-shop bi-products with synthetic (yes, poly and ester are cousins of plastic) fibers that don’t allow your skin to breathe and fill up landfills without the hope of ever decomposing after they go out of fashion.
*freebean now steps down from the soap box.*
In a nutshell, DLD takes less from the earth and makes beautiful things with it, and then gives back to the community. And if that wasn’t enough to make you a fan, now Dear Lil’ Devas is hosting a drawing for $500 (a credit for their yoga gear for your cash-strapped, conscious lifestyle), simply become their FB fan and you’ll be entered! (The odds are pretty good, since they have a rather intimate FB fanbase at the moment, although I have a feeling that may change soon…)
Be sure to become a fan before March 13th, 2009 (think of it as your kharmic litmus test)!!!
posted by ebeans
Buy a T-shirt! Why to buy…
Posted in Bent, clothes, Money & Deals, Politics
Tagged bamboo, clothes, Green, organic, sustainable, t-shirt, yoga, yoga dork