Jiddu Krishnamurti “To understand is to transform what is”
Zeitgeist: Addendum “…attempts to locate the root causes of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution. This solution is not based on politics, morality, laws, or any other “establishment” notions of human affairs, but rather on a modern, non-superstitious based understanding of what we are and how we align with nature, to which we are a part. The work advocates a new social system which is updated to present day knowledge, highly influenced by the life long work of Jacque Fresco and The Venus Project.”
Posted in Amazing, Events, Films we like, Green, Money & Deals, Photography & Web Videos, Politics
Tagged addendum, change, consciousness, film, jacque fresco, krishnamurti, sustainability, the venus project, zeigeist
posted by ebean
Ways you should go green but aren’t (and how to do it)
- Learn about Virgin Blue’s Carbon Offset Program or take a look at TerraPass
- Bring your own food and snacks in reusable containers.
- Bring your own headphones and reading material from your local library or used book store.
- Bring your own beverage container. They might not refill it for you from the service carts because you are a freak with a metal water bottle so be prepared to fill it yourself at water fountains after security. You should only drink water anyway.
- Invest is some reusable food containers and ask the restaurant to use them instead
- Spend your money consciously and visit restaurants that are trying to green up their ways. You can find listings (although sparse) at dinegreen.com, the greatgreenlist, and eatwellguide. It ain’t easy being green…
How are you going green?
Posted in body, Green, Money & Deals
Tagged airplane, eco, food, Green, offset, restaurants, reusable, sex, sustainability, takeout, travel