posted by unsinkablemoo
With summer upon us I have been updating my routine. My dry skin needs something heavy and thick during the winter but when it starts heating up my skin needs something light but equally moisturizing. My new favorite is:
Jason Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion
It has 70% organic ingredients and is perfect for my extremely winter white legs and arms. It has a light coconuty smell and isn’t goopy on my skin. It is mineral oil/petrolatum and wax free, 100% vegetarian and is never tested on animals.
Try it yourself!
Posted in Amazing, body, Green
Tagged beauty, body, coconut, jason, moisturizer, organic, skin, summer, vegetarian
posted by freebean
Not into donning the tiny bikram shorts?
Looking for a little more coverage?
*Enter Dear Lil’ Devas.*
The makers of Toronto’s locally created, customizable, uber comfy bamboo and organic cotton yoga garb offer just that. Among their most unique pieces is the multi-tasking blanket/wrap – yes that is right, a blanket (amazing for svasana or snuggling) and a long wrap skirt (for the yogi, kilt-like apparel to guard your loins after sweatin’ it out yoga style; for yoginis, I don’t really have to say anything else, do I?).
Debuting in April are their SNUG, lady capris (sorry, no links yet – patience my dears) – wonder if these will be the Bikram shorts competitor(?), but I have a feeling that they will have a lil’ more length and of course are a bamboo/cotton interlocking blend.
And you gotta love their ‘good vibes policy,’ which may help you feel better about accumulating more yoga stuff, it certainly beats those sweat-shop bi-products with synthetic (yes, poly and ester are cousins of plastic) fibers that don’t allow your skin to breathe and fill up landfills without the hope of ever decomposing after they go out of fashion.
*freebean now steps down from the soap box.*
In a nutshell, DLD takes less from the earth and makes beautiful things with it, and then gives back to the community. And if that wasn’t enough to make you a fan, now Dear Lil’ Devas is hosting a drawing for $500 (a credit for their yoga gear for your cash-strapped, conscious lifestyle), simply become their FB fan and you’ll be entered! (The odds are pretty good, since they have a rather intimate FB fanbase at the moment, although I have a feeling that may change soon…)
Be sure to become a fan before March 13th, 2009 (think of it as your kharmic litmus test)!!!
posted by ebeans
Buy a T-shirt! Why to buy…
Posted in Bent, clothes, Money & Deals, Politics
Tagged bamboo, clothes, Green, organic, sustainable, t-shirt, yoga, yoga dork
Posted by ebean
Etsy Love Card
Consumerism…ugh. But if you’re going to buy something, might as well make it awesome. The Elephantbeans staff has put together this list of sexy/romantic gifts to help you get some.
1. Subscription to Suicide Girls
2. Organic undies and Sexy Lingerie from Tree Pruning Scraps
3. Find locally made, organic, fair trade chocolates (we’ve seen some amazing stuff at Sustainable NY)
4. Cook dinner at home. Here are some “no-fuss” ideas
5. Create a playlist — sexy or romantic and burn it to a cd
6. Handmade stuff from Etsy: search sex, valentine’s, and lingerie
7. Sexy Valentine’s Gift Kits + Combos from Babeland and get some advice here
8. Get loads of great green gift and Valentine’s ideas from planetgreen including on how to green your sex
9. 2 tickets to an epic concert
10. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Your Local Health Food Store will for sure have some great beauty gift sets. Bath salts, shampoos, lotions, potions, etc. Make sure it is organic, paraben and animal-free.
11. If all else fails, just wear a wolf shirt
-Avoid the corny (no stuffed animals, crappy chocolates, or balloons)
-Aim for sustainability
-Stay in budget
-Think about what your loved one is into and go with that
Also check out The ultimate yoga-enthusiast gift guide
Posted in Amazing, Books & Articles, Green, Love
Tagged babeland, chocolate, etsy, fair trade, gifts, ideas, lingerie, organic, planet green, suicide girls, sustainable, trader joe's, valentine's, whole foods