Posted by Unsinkablemoo
These aren’t new songs but I love them just the same and when I looked on my itunes, they were the songs I listen to the most:
Supermassive Black Hole by Muse -Want to pump yourself up? It’s even my ring tone.
Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontagne – I put this one on repeat, daydream and sigh. (Cheesy I know)
Beautiful Child by Rufus Wainwright – I imagine myself standing at the top of a mountain with my arms out
What are you listening to?
[posted by freebean]
Are you ever in a yoga class & really love the music that is accompanying your practice? Not sure about what kind of tunes to tap or simply just don’t have the time?
Here are some no-brainers so you can stay present in your practice and not worry about what the next song should be:
- Take Musical Notes from a Pro – Derek Beres offers his weekly yoga playlist (and is soon coming out with his own album)
- Look Within your own iTunes library.
- Get a Pre-Mixed collection, now yoga studios, like Om Yoga in NYC, are putting out their own mixed collections.
- Go Global – diversity will bring you into balance, try the Gipsy Kings, Bebel Gilberto, Radiohead (some of my faves).
- Yoga Opera – try some new genres and see what inspires you.
What shakes your asana?