posted by ebean
Inspired by a recent discussion with some serious skincare specialists, I’ve decided to embark on a quest to create my own skincare products. Your skin is your biggest organ, so why would you put something you couldn’t eat on it?
On the to-do list:
What I think I need and why I think I need it…
1. Astringent – removes surface oils and bacteria, spot treatment on blemish, and aftercare if you must pop
2. Face wash – cleans off the icky grime of city living and sweat
3. Exfoliate – gets rid of dead skin, helping to prevent blemishes
4. Face mask – deep pore cleansing
5. Face lotion – hydrates and protects skin
6. Night cream – seems like a really good idea
I’m going to be realistic. I won’t be able to create everything at home, and in such cases, I’m on the hunt for a non-yucky store bought product.
Step 1: Find recipes