This September, Boomerang Yoga, a non-profit organization geared towards raising mullah for children, is hosting a Sun Salute-a-thon, 108 sun salutations over a 3-hour asana, with the concept of sponsored mats for participating yogis. Stephanie Culen, the founder and executive director of the organization is hoping to raise $500 per mat. All donations made will go to the continuation of Bent on Learning, an ah-mazing non-profit who has been the forerunner in getting yoga classes into NYC’s public school curriculum.
The event will be held on Sunday, September 20th from 3-6pm at NYC’s SoHo Equinox, visit the Boomerang Yoga Events page to learn how you can participate yourself. (Attendees are also said to get some goodies for showing up too!)
Or if you prefer, freebean is offering to be your surrogate yogini on that mat day – so donate here – a little or lot – all is much appreciated.
Posted in Amazing, Bent, Events, Money & Deals
Tagged bent on learning, boomerang yoga, derek beres, donate, equinox, nyc, soho, stephanie culen, sun salute-a-thon, yogadeals
[posted by freebean]
Are you ever in a yoga class & really love the music that is accompanying your practice? Not sure about what kind of tunes to tap or simply just don’t have the time?
Here are some no-brainers so you can stay present in your practice and not worry about what the next song should be:
- Take Musical Notes from a Pro – Derek Beres offers his weekly yoga playlist (and is soon coming out with his own album)
- Look Within your own iTunes library.
- Get a Pre-Mixed collection, now yoga studios, like Om Yoga in NYC, are putting out their own mixed collections.
- Go Global – diversity will bring you into balance, try the Gipsy Kings, Bebel Gilberto, Radiohead (some of my faves).
- Yoga Opera – try some new genres and see what inspires you.
What shakes your asana?