Like many ‘yoga’ categories these days, there are now a wide range of conferences (and price tags), luckily there are some a la carte options so that you can enjoy a little taste of everything.
The Splurge: This year is the first Yoga Journal Conference to hit NYC (May 15-May 18). While some big wigs in the yoga world fill the schedule, it is still rather spendy for most yogis (it could very well be the whole piggybank), however it is still cheaper than traveling to another city if you are a New York yogi.
Here are some worthy freebean-recommended happenings:
- FREE weekend community classes with Marco Rojas and Ashely Turner. (remember: the early bird gets the worm, based on first-come, first-serve basis)
- Evening options for yogis with day jobs – check out Sadie Nardini’s first YJC appearance on Friday.
The Steal: After a weekend of YJC splurging, your wallet and asana will craving the low-budget yoga fix NY Yoga & Raw Food Expo (May 29-May 31) promises to offer. For a mere $20/day ($15 in advance) or just $35 for all 3 days ($30 in advance) you get full access to the expo and more! Here are some of the highlights:
- Swami Bua, America’s oldest living yogi (he’s supposedly 120 years old) makes a guest appearance (Does he really exist? Check it out for yourself.)
- FREE unlimited yoga classes and wellness lectures!
- Raw cuisine by Kwatamani, the top Floridian (as in ‘from Florida’) raw food chef.
- 50% off all books at the Expo’s New Age Bookstore.
Please share your findings if you attend – the good, the okay, the uplifting and even the not-so-good!